The mission of the New America School-New Mexico is is to empower new immigrants, English Language Learners and academically underserved students with the educational tools and support they need to maximize their potential, succeed, and live the American dream.
NAS-New Mexico (Albuquerque)
The New America School-New Mexico (NAS-NM) is a public charter high school dedicated to serving a unique population – recent immigrants, their families and children who want to learn or perfect English and earn a high school diploma.
We are a fully accredited, publicly funded institution. Our highly qualified staff provides intensive English language instruction and a rigorous academic curriculum to help students fulfill their dream of a better future.
At The New America School we believe educational opportunity is a cornerstone of American life and that English language skills are an essential component. NAS-NM was created to serve English language learners and un-enrolled students who might lack the English skills to succeed in mainstream high schools.
NAS-NM offers a full schedule of classes day and night. The campus is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am – 10:00pm. No classes on Friday. Classes are available for full and part-time students.
- Opened: 2009
- Enrollment: 385+
- Principal: LaTricia Mathis
- Staff: Assistant Principal, 16 teachers, one guidance counselors, one social worker, one special education case manager, college and career coach, and a strong support staff
- Serves both lunch and breakfast
A STUDENT CENTERED EXPERIENCE
- High Quality Instruction for English Language Learners
- Extended School Day, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Four-Day School Week, Mon.-Thurs.
- Credit Recovery Programs to Help Students Graduate On-Time
- Full Range of Curriculum in all Core Subjects
- Quarterly Enrollment
- Newcomer Program for Students with Little or No English Skills
- Free Afterschool and Friday Tutoring and Credit Recovery Support
- Small Class Sizes
- Career and College Readiness