The New America School-Las Cruces, a State Chartered High school located in the heart of Las Cruces, New Mexico has the following vacancies for the 2018 -2019 school year:
Science teacher, day position; full time, M-Th
- Must be highly qualified in Science and in Secondary Ed
Attendance Coordinator, full time, M-Th
POSITION OPENING: Attendance Success Coach
The New America School-Las Cruces, a public charter school, is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Attendance Success Coach. This is a full-time professional position that will begin on August 17, 2018 and continue through August 16, 2019. Depending on funding, this position may be renewed annually.
The Attendance Success Coach (ASC) is responsible for leading the school’s initiative to prevent chronic student absenteeism. The successful candidate will work with students, faculty, staff, administrators, families, and community agencies to eliminate chronic absenteeism. The ASC will follow the school’s 3-Tier Intervention plan. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* attend mandatory PED trainings, and participate in site visits and audits;
* collect and maintain data using the PED-approved template;
* prepare a mid-year and end-of-year report to PED;
* conduct student meetings;
* conduct parent meetings;
* facilitate teacher trainings and coordinate school-level staff support;
* develop community partnerships.
* A current license in one or more of the following areas: School Counselor Pre K-12; School Social Worker Pre K-12; Secondary 7-12; or Secondary Vocational-Technical 7-12.
* Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Custodian,(32 hours) part-time, mid-day to evenings, M-Th
Closing date will be on June 20, at noon for all positions. More details coming soon.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to NAS-LC:
Margarita Porter, firstname.lastname@example.org
The New America School is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. The New America School does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by state or local law.