The New America School-Las Cruces, a State Chartered High school located in the heart of Las Cruces, New Mexico has the following vacancies for the 2018 -2019 school year:
Job Title: NAS-LC Information Technology Coordinator/Webmaster
Contract: 12 month employee (237 days)
Reports directly to Principal
To supervise the implementation and maintenance of NAS’s technology needs. Also assists with identifying, acquiring, and maintaining school-wide hardware, software, and network products and the implementation of the system and building-level technology plans.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting school technology infrastructure.
- Plan, develop, install, configure, maintain, support, and optimize:
- Local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
- computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of assets.
- All new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Ensure the stability and integrity of in-house wireless network services.
- Supervise and ensure the efficient operation of the school’s network, client servers, databases, and equipment.
- Analyze and resolve network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Makes recommendations to administration regarding school-wide phone system upgrades; executes upgrades as directed.
- Install, configure, maintain, support, and optimize all telephone systems and services, voicemail and PBX communication systems, and video conferencing environments.
- Analyze and resolve telecommunications circuit issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and support user needs where required.
- Assign phone extensions as requested.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of classroom computers, laptops, computer lab and mobile labs and software and provide additional support if necessary.
- Assure that all assessment kiosks are up to date and are functioning correctly prior to testing dates.
- Analyze and resolve computer hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure.
- Ensures that support for around-the-clock information transfer, storage, and processing is timely, and efficient.
- Develop, maintain, support, and optimize key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems
- Ensure the availability of applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
- Assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
- Analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Import/Export raw data from student information system into other school software being utilized
- Build reports requested for teachers/staff when requested in student information system
- Assist in Erate procedures throughout the school year
- Assist and maintain security system
- Ensures that school technology assets are maintained and monitored responsibly.
- Inventory any new technology in database and maintain yearly or as required by administration.
- Help decide which software and hardware products and other equipment are best suited for use within NAS’s infrastructure.
- Manages software warranties and licenses, and notifies administration when they are due to expire.
- Schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Install, configure, diagnose, repair, and upgrade all hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance.
- Work closely with administration in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Plan the lifespans of all the companies’ technologies, including anticipated upgrades and replacements.
- Anticipates future needs, identifies proactive solutions to satisfy needs.
- Hold weekly status meetings with administration to review work orders, issues, etc.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to administration in a timely manner.
- Keeps a log of technology work orders and notates the resolution of each.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Responds/acts on administrative direction in a timely manner.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Assist with IT budgeting projections as requested.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard NAS policies and procedures
- Manage and update school website per administration’s request
- Upload Governing Council Agenda and Minutes monthly
- Update school homepage with upcoming school events/testing/etc.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by administration, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient, effective functioning of school operations.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to NAS-LC:
Principal/Homeless Liaison/Title IX Coordinator
The New America School is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. The New America School does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by state or local law.