How do I become a student at a New America School?
Becoming a student at NAS is easy! The best time to enroll is during formal registration, which begins in August of each year, so you can start classes and begin learning right away.
However, you can sign up and begin classes immediately at any time August-October. After that, you can still sign up, but you will be admitted when a new quarter begins. Check with the schools secretary for full details. (See “Who do I contact?” below.)
Review the required documents so you can be prepared. The school secretaries will answer your questions.
What documents are required to register?
- Proof of identification (one of the following): Valid State Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Consular ID Card, or I-94.
- Proof of State residency: Utility bill, cellular phone bill, etc.
- Proof of immunization (If you don’t have an immunization card we can provide this for you).
- Transcripts from former high school.
Who do I contact for more information about how to register?
- Lowry: Melinda Delgado, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303.894.3157
- Lakewood: Salima Caballero, email@example.com, 303.894.3170
- Thornton: Rose Molina, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303.991.0130
- New Mexico (Albuquerque): Amelia Reyes-Sandoval, email@example.com, 505.222.4360
- Las Cruces, Carmen Duran, CDuran@newamericaschoolnm.org, 575. 527.9085
- For information about the proposed Las Vegas and Phoenix schools, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost to attend the New America School?
The New America Schools are public charter high schools. Tuition is free!